Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Two. 2. To.



Two.

Our newest addition is two weeks old.  Mya Cameron Lambert was born on Monday, April 15th.  We will always remember to have our taxes done before her birthday!  The morning of her birth, I had a check-up with our midwife.  She told me the same thing that we had known for weeks, "This baby is ready and it could be any time now!  Go home, kick your feet up and get some rest."  Naturally I wanted to fit in a couple errands before going home so I went to Target and Barnes & Noble.  After I got my coffee, I found the Berenstain Bears book I wanted to get for Ava.  And then the first contraction came on strong... It was about noon at that time.  And by 5:38pm, we got to meet Miss Mya!
 

After Ava was born, the plan had been to wait until after Paul graduated from dental school to even consider expanding our family.  So when baby fever came creeping into my heart during Paul's 3rd year, it didn't seem logical.  But we prayed about it for quite a while and decided that maybe another baby wasn't so crazy after all.  So we were overjoyed when we found out we were expecting!  "I prayed for this child and the Lord granted me what I asked of him.  So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord.” 1 Samuel 1:27-28.  I had read Hannah's story several times before I became a mother, but now I weep uncontrollably whenever I read it.  To have prayed so long and hard for a baby, to finally hold that baby in your arms, and then to operate in faith and literally let go and turn him over to God is incredible to me.  I only hope that Paul and I can emulate that faith with our girls.  "Girls"...plural...still getting used to that :)

  
The decision to name our baby Mya was an easy one.  When choosing her first name, we never cracked a baby name book, never called upon Google, and never disagreed.  We were sitting on the couch watching Up All Night when the credits rolled and we saw Maya Rudolph's name appear.  Paul looked at me and asked, "What do you think of the name Maya?"  I said I loved it.  And that was that.  Paul read a great article about Maya Moore on an airplane in the fall and that just confirmed it.  Of course we had to go and spell it differently, which means she'll be correcting people all her life but oh well...
 

 
As many of you know, her middle name was a different story.  I was dead set on naming her Maya Pearl.  I am typically not a fancy jewelry girl but my love affair with pearls began long ago on a trip to the Virgin Islands.  That's a story for another day.  And anyway, it didn't matter because Paul was having none of it.  Instead, we toyed with the idea of so many different middle names that I lost count.  'Should we give her a family name? A biblical name?.. Avoid names that start with a vowel...It can't end with a short A sound...'  We talked ourselves in circles until we had a short list to take to the hospital.  It was only fitting that our game-time decision came down to Cameron--a Duke basketball reference, of course! 

Paul and I brought Mya home the day after she was born.  It was around 9pm but Ava was still awake because she was too excited.  My niece and sister-in-law had been watching her that evening.  It felt so surreal to walk through our door and be the family of four that we had been thinking about for months!  Then our babysitters left, Paul had to go run an errand, and I was left alone with my two girls.  "Go ahead," I had said to Paul.  "I'll put Ava to bed."  Riiight.  Ava was way overtired and Mya was crying her head off like newborns do and it didn't take long for me to shed a tear myself.  I sent a Mayday text to my husband to hurry home and I wished my Mom were there to help.  That night was a reality check for sure!  Over the next several days, the Lambert Women Brigade took great care of our family!  Debbie, Lara, Leslie, Taylor, & Neannie...thanks so much for the extra helping hands, for the gifts, and for stocking our fridge!  My Mom left Charleston yesterday after another one of her "Super-Grandma" visits that never cease to amaze me. Thank you, Ma!
 

Mya is absolutely precious and she melts my heart a zillion times a day.  Ava adores her little sister and I can't wait to see their relationship develop over the years.  We certainly have a lot more to learn about parenting two children instead of one, but for now we're taking it day by day.  Our friend Caitlin was so sweet to do Mya's newborn photo shoot for us! 
 

 

2.

Ava Ray turned 2!  April 11th is her birthday.  So the girls are almost exactly 2 years apart.  In the short time since Mya's birth, I have accidentally called her Ava too many times to count.  It seems like just yesterday that Ava was the newborn in my arms.  But now she is a sweet, funny, independent, energetic toddler.  She is a beautiful little girl who amazes us with her intelligence and tests our patience with her strong-willed personality.  Her favorite things include: PB&J, downtown Charleston, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, her purple Crocs, and play dough.  She sings her ABCs and counts to 11.  When she gets to 11, she goes back to 8 and continues from there.  We're working on that...   

We celebrated Ava's 2nd birthday with a small family dinner where Ava was surrounded by the people who love her most.  She loved wearing the Lambert Family birthday hat, and she was thoroughly confused by the trick candles on her cake (I forgot to buy candles and that's all we could find at my in-laws' house... I really wasn't trying to trick my two-year old).

 

 
 
 
 To.

The Lambert family is moving to O-HI-o.  Columbus, Ohio to be exact.  Paul graduates from dental school in a few weeks (YAY!) and he will begin his training in Pediatric Dentistry at THE Ohio State in July.  I'm still in the market for a coaching job in Columbus.  I have sealed up exactly one moving box to date.  Hmm, better get going on that...  
As of today, I think we may have found a rental house in Columbus.  Praise God for that answered prayer!  Our potential landlord wrote to me in an email, "I see you're from Charleston.  What a great place to live!  Why would you want to move here?" Haha.  Gee, thanks for the reminder...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment